Automated Voice Dispatch
Our FSAS integrates seamlessly with a community’s computer-aided dispatch system (CAD) and is able to automatically and near instantaneously deliver incident details in a way that is tailored to the needs of Fire and Rescue personnel. The PURVIS FSAS uses proven technology to convert dispatch data to natural sounding speech that is clear and easily understood. Automated announcements can automatically broadcast over your existing radio network and be simultaneously delivered to the fire stations dispatched for a call. Key features include:
- Instantaneous delivery of incident notifications
- Automated Text-to-Speech technology that allows system administrators to quickly and easily modify pronunciations
- Integration with VHF, UHF, 700MHz, 800MHz, and P25 radio systems to provide automated voice, analog tones, digital tones and data transmission via radio
- Messaging and manual back-up alerting capabilities
- Built-in system management and monitoring
- High-availability design and implementation
All fire stations required for a specific event are alerted simultaneously via your existing data network. Redundant alerting over radio or a secondary data connection ensures no loss of station alerting in the event of a network trouble. When alerts hit the Fire Station, text-to-speech verbalization of the incident information is broadcast to station loudspeakers. Incident data can delivered to a variety of station device types – including rip and run printers, red LED lights, colored light towers, and LCD or LED display panels that provide the details of who should respond to the emergency, where the incident is occurring, and what the nature of the incident is. Key system highlights include:
- Ability to activate a myriad of audible and visual station devices
- Utilization/modernization of legacy devices
- Zone control for isolating specific units from certain alert types
- Ability to ramp alert audio and lighting intensity for sleeping first responders
- Configurable day/night alert settings
- Ability for station to acknowledge alert back to Dispatch
- Configurable alert tones
A key, differentiating strength of PURVIS’ Fire Station Alerting system is the ability to alert emergency personnel no matter where they may be located.
The PURVIS FSAS System is uniquely sensitive to the communication needs of emergency personnel, taking into account their different roles, potential locations, the time of day, and a particular individual’s relevance to an incident. Individuals can integrate into the alerting process via multiple channels including:
- Radios and pagers
- Cell phones leveraging SMS text
- Smartphones leveraging SMS text and data.
- A mobile application that includes mapping data, driving directions, and incident acknowledgement capabilities.