Job Title: Reliability and Maintenance Planning Specialist | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is a technology solutions company that develops, implements, and maintains mission-critical solutions for Federal and Local Governments. We have an immediate opening for a Reliability and Maintenance Planning Specialist, to support the development, maintenance, and life cycle sustainment of undersea warfare systems, subsystems, and associated programs.
Qualified candidates should have demonstrated skills and experience in some or all of the following disciplines:
- Analyze equipment maintenance requirements and develop preventive and corrective maintenance procedures.
- Perform Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analyses per MIL-STD-3034A.
- Assess system and equipment reliability data provided by Original Equipment Manufacturers and prime contractors.
- Work with project leads in identify and implement improvements to collect in-service equipment maintenance and failure data.
- Collect, update, and review sustainment metrics such as Mean Time To Repair, Mean Time Between Failure, and Mean Logistics Down Time, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Generate updates to system reliability, availability, and maintainability models (such as predictions, part stress analyses and part de-rating). Create and update Reliability Block Diagrams.
- Review and update asset sparing models based on predicted and actual component reliability and obsolescence.
- Provide reliability and maintainability inputs to program plans, procedures, risk management, engineering change documents, and related documents.
- BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Computer Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- 4 years of experience; 2 years of experience with a master’s degree is acceptable.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience supporting electronic systems.
- RCM Level I and II certification is also desired.
- Familiarity with reliability tools and processes, such as:
- Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Weibull Fault Tree Analysis
- Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- The candidate must have strong organizational and communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment with customers, peers, and support personnel.
- Accuracy, quality, and attention to detail are critical required skills.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.