Job Title: Reliability Engineer | Location: Newport, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is seeking Reliability Engineer supporting our U.S. Naval Warfare Center customers, working with project engineers, sponsors, and manufacturers to sustain a comprehensive and innovative reliability program for an auxiliary submarine electronics system.
The Reliability Engineer will:
- Generate updates to system reliability availability and maintainability models (such as predictions, part stress analyses and part de-rating). Create and update Reliability Block Diagrams.
- Work with project leads in identify and implement improvements to collect in-service equipment maintenance and failure data.
- Review and update asset sparing models based on predicted and actual component reliability and obsolescence.
- Evaluate and update performance metrics such as system Operational Availability, component Mean Time Between Failures, and Mean Time To Repair.
- Provide input to the Risk Management Program that will anticipate reliability-related risks that could adversely impact system operation.
- Evaluate and provide inputs to engineering changes that address repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect system operation.
- Experience with performing Reliability, Availability and Maintainability analyses (predictions, part stress analyses and part de-rating, part obsolescence, MTBF, Ao, FMECA, MTTR and Fault Trees)
- Familiarity with reliability tools and processes, such as:
- Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Weibull Tree Analysis
- Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis
- Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical customers to understand technical issues, and develop collaborative solutions.
- Proactive self-starter with strong scientific curiosity, creativity, analytical, problem solving, skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
BS in a STEM discipline or BA in Mathematics, Computer Science, Chemistry or Physics with 4 years of experience; 2 years of experience with a Master’s Degree is acceptable.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.