Job Title: O365 Email and Security Engineer | Location: Brooklyn, NY | Full-Time
PURVIS Systems is a technology leader in the public safety industry and provides state of the art system solutions to Fire Departments across the United States. We are seeking resumes for an O365 Email and Data Security Engineer as a member of IT Security team, who will be responsible for developing and maintaining email and data security technologies.
Description of Work:
As an O365 Email and Security Engineer, your primary responsibilities include:
- Deploy Office 365
- Implement Security Features
- Online Protection
- Troubleshoot user issues with O365 for all clients
- Create and manage security measures and protocols
- Lead or assist in investigations of security incidents
- Contribute to multiple aspects of our information security program, helping us establish foundational controls across the environment.
- Monitoring the day-to-day cybersecurity posture of our organization
- Research, engineering, and integration of new security solutions with an emphasis on email security, certificate management, data loss prevention, and email encryption.
- Applies security architecture principles to meet the organization’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability requirements. Transforms business requirements into technical specifications.
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining email security solutions. Identify, design, and implement automated solutions to enable security needs.
- Validates current and future-state architectural models to assess impact across all Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Establishes process, procedures, and security solutions based on the organization’s policies required to demonstrate adherence to compliance.
- Create and maintain data security documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Configure, implement, monitor, support email security solutions.
- Delivering project work of good quality promptly and documenting email security designs.
- Identify security threats and provide recommendations and remediation steps.
- Support Incident Responds team with cyber incident triage, including responding to alerts, determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability, and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Manage Email security solutions and maintain email rules and filtering.
- Analyze logs, identify, recommend, and improve current logging requirements and help oversee SIEM environment, logging, and alerting.
The Email and Security Engineer will work on-site at a customer location.
Position may require some lifting of equipment on occasion, commensurate with job requirements.
Candidates for the Email and Security Engineer must have Bachelor or Master of Science Engineering or Computer related disciplines. Candidate must have 5 or more years of industry experience. Candidate must have proven experience in the following areas:
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office 365, including configuration of tenant wide policies, ATP products, Intune, authentication and identity management and DLP
- Must Have proven experience in Microsoft Active Directory and associated policies (Group Policy, Kerberos, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience implementing SPF/DKIM/DMARC
- Must have experience with Office 365 System Administration and Security
- Must have experience and knowledge of McAfee, Crowdstrike, Secureworks
- Must have experience in Splunk SIEM
- Must have ability to Manage Microsoft security and compliance center
- Understanding of Menlo security for email isolation
- Configure and monitor Office 365 policies into Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Monitor auditing capabilities using Netwrix and report on violations
- Take reports from multiple sources and act upon it.
- Hands-on Experience with SPAM, auditing, eDiscovery, and email DLP rules and policies, including troubleshooting and tuning
- Hands-on Experience using email security gateways and security solutions
- Proficient knowledge of mail flow from gateway to delivery
- Experience with phishing incident response
- Proficient knowledge of email encryption
- Problem-solving and maintaining SLAs
- The ability to work independently and effectively
Candidate must have good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills. An openness to learning new technologies. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to work well alone and with others. Must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously, as required.
Individual must be able to pass an FBI criminal background check. No sponsorship available.