Job Title: Media Specialist | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is a technology solutions company that develops, implements, and maintains mission-critical solutions for Federal and Local Governments. We have an immediate opening for a Media Specialist supporting the Electronic Warfare research and development team at Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Newport, RI (Code 34). The Media Specialist is a customer service expert supporting the control of classified and unclassified media; including receipt, inventory, duplication, serialization, shipping, and other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates should have demonstrated skills and experience in some or all of the following:
- Customer Service
- Provide media center services for unclassified and classified media using the Base Inventory System (BITS).
- Complete opening and end of day security checks.
- Control access to the media center.
- Track calibration status of laboratory test gear.
- Generate and affix barcodes for material tracking.
- Ship unclassified and classified media using the Online Shipping Process (OSP).
- Provide destruction services for classified material.
- Provide inventory services for unclassified and classified media, including laboratory controlled equipment.
- Provide duplication services for unclassified and classified media, including media transfers and data transfers across various computer networks.
- A High School diploma is required; college degree is desired.
- U.S. citizenship and eligibility for a DOD security clearance required.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a small team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access.
- Experience with DOD databases and systems is preferred but not mandatory:
- Base Inventory Tracking Systems (BITS)
- Online Shipping Process (OSP)
- Disposal Tracking System (DTS)
- Media Transfer agent/Data Transfer agent (MTA/DTA)
- The candidate must have strong organizational and communication skills, and be able to successfully work independently as well as in a team environment with customers, peers, and support personnel.
- Accuracy, quality, and attention to detail are also critical required skills.