Job Title: Mobility MDM Architect and Workspace One Analyst | Location: Brooklyn, NY | Full-Time
PURVIS Systems is a technology leader in the public safety industry and provides state of the art system solutions to Fire Departments across the United States. We are seeking resumes for a Mobility Mobile Device Management (MDM) Architect/ Workspace One Analyst. Looking for a tech-minded Mobility Architect/ Analyst to be responsible for providing mobile IT support, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions.
Description of Work:
Seeking highly motivated, articulate, well-documented self-starter for the position of supporting mobile devices including iPads, iPhone, Android Smartphones, and cellular data communication devices. This position is on-site at a customer location.
The Mobility MDM Architect/Workspace One Analyst will:
- Provide advanced technical support, troubleshooting, monitoring and management of the enterprise Mobile Device infrastructure managing the enterprise VMware Workspace One (formally Air Watch Complete).
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, monitoring, and management of the enterprise supporting clients MDM environment, consisting of 15,000+ devices.
- Work with VMware Workspace One / AirWatch, Apple DEP and Android Enterprise.
- Provide guidance in supporting the enterprise Workspace One / AirWatch environment, as well as the integration with third-party platforms.
- Be responsible for the enterprise-wide distribution of mobile applications as well as the establishment and ongoing upkeep of technical documentation.
- Assist with day-to-day enrollment/provisioning/monitoring of devices; tracking, monitoring, and troubleshooting, as necessary
- Responsible for monitoring and resolving Service Desk escalated incident and problem tickets assigned to the team regarding Workspace One / AirWatch.
- Assist in proper capacity planning and management.
- Support existing Workspace One / AirWatch integration with Apple DEP and Android Enterprise.
- Advise customers and gather requirements from agency representatives to further the use of Workspace One.
- Updating, evaluating, and making changes to current documentation and guiding end users to implemented changes.
- Unbox, test and provision City-owned Android and iOS-based phones and/or tablets.
- Administrative functions include liaising with the Agency’s mobility partners (DoITT Enterprise Mobile Technologies Unit, and all Cellular Providers) to assure optimal customer experience through partnership and collaboration through to satisfactory resolution.
- Position involves all aspects of Mobile Device Support systems configuration, set up and maintenance for new hardware and software, as well as existing systems.
Candidates for the Mobility MDM Architect/Workspace Analyst must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Workspace One / Airwatch accreditations or equivalent
- Experience with MDM and be capable of provisioning devices to ensure adherence to Agency standards for access control, security, application deployment, etc., under the guidance of Senior Mobility Experts.
- Experience transferring user data with a Celebrate (or similar) transfer appliance.
- Knowledge in the following domains:
- EMM, MDM, MCM, MAM, VMware Workspace One, AirWatch, Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, and Intune
- Advanced configuration knowledge of IOS and Android portable devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets etc.).
- Must have strong knowledge and experience in the use of MDM.
- Must have experience in Workspace One.
- Use of a telephone transfer appliances (Celebrate or other)
- Mobile email and calendar integration (ActiveSync).
- Experience with Apple and Google app stores, iTunes.
- Wi-Fi, Mi-Fi, mobile carrier networking technology and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of commercial carrier cellular voice and data plans.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain timely, accurate records.
- Technical-expertise and strong customer service skills.
- Familiarity with mobile security applications (lookout, crowd strike, etc.)
- Possess knowledge of mobile encryption and device settings for iOS and Android, and ability to identify and resolve mobile security threats
- Be aware of different vulnerabilities for mobile devices and necessary actions required to safeguard devices to protect and safeguard business data
- Knowledge of mobile applications and basic functionality and ability to extract local data from mobile devices.
- Experience with mobile device management systems and the different functionality pertaining to settings and patching security vulnerabilities to mobile devices.
This position interfaces with all levels of public safety personnel and will work closely with the Technical Support Center, Asset Management Teams, and Finance.
Candidate must have good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills. An openness to learning new technologies. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to work well alone and with others. Must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously, as required.
Position may require some lifting of equipment on occasion, commensurate with job requirements.
Individual must be able to pass an FBI criminal background check. No sponsorship available.