Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is a technology solutions company that develops, implements, and maintains mission-critical solutions for Federal and Local Governments. We have an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Analyst, as well as future needs for U.S. Navy contracts, to support the development, maintenance, and life cycle sustainment of undersea warfare systems, subsystems, and associated programs.
Candidate for Cyber Security Analyst will provide technical expertise to evaluate research and development/prototype projects to assess Authority to Operate (ATO) and Interim Authority To Test (IATT) requirements and as required work with the projects to meet these requirements under the Risk Management Framework (RMF). Responsibilities include:
- Assess project approach and determine requirements for cyber security, RMF ATO, and IATT. Document findings and recommendations.
- Perform analysis to determine if a system meets the requirements under DOD Guidance and NIST requirements.
- Evaluate existing security controls to assess compliance.
- As needed coordinate and support the development of RMF documentation.
- Coordinate the DoD RMF process steps.
- Support technology assessment and cybersecurity compliance by working with the system engineers and development teams to ensure developed solutions adhere to DoD RMF Cybersecurity compliance requirements.
- Provide requirements analysis by working with development teams to analyze requirements for existing and proposed capabilities meet DoD RMF requirements.
- Develop and manage cyber project Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cyber security, or management information systems
- 3 – 5 years of experience in DoD cyber operations
- Proficiency with Cyber Security Tools such as eMASS and Xacta
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework, Federal Information Processioning Standards (FIPS), and NIST Special Publications 800 series
- Knowledge of Federal Government cybersecurity policy (DoDI 8500.01) and NIST Special Publications 800-37, 800-53
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.