Job Title: Tier 1 Support Technician | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work: PURVIS Systems is seeking highly motivated, task-oriented individual to be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of our Fire Station Alerting System.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver, able to work independently and as part of a team. We are seeking individuals with strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and an individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role is a critical part of a team that assembles finished products using sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners, and relays the knowledge learned while building into supporting the finalized product with customers. This position also conducts system checkouts and device setups in preparation for shipping to customers.
Supporting the system entails on-call troubleshooting, escalating, and working with Tier2 when required, utilizing Microsoft Teams, Email and Zendesk suites.
The Support Technician will:
- Maintain a professional, helpful demeanor representing PURVIS as the first layer of support.
- Take responsibility and ownership of assigned support tickets, telephone calls and emails.
- Provide on-call support on a rotating basis, including telephone support after hours and on weekends.
- Provide Tier1 troubleshooting for end user issues (customers and subcontractors)
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, maintain system applications, including proprietary applications.
- Provide oversight of maintenance on all related system peripherals (i.e., thermal printers, UPSs, terminal servers, relay cards, HDMI Extenders, Serial to Ethernet converters, etc.).
- Assist in identifying issues and topics for knowledge base topics and documentation.
- Test and diagnose to maintain test lab environment.
- Support on-site customer testing and cutovers.
- Maintain and test all remote VPN clients, (Example: Net Motion, Cisco Connect)
- Provide other duties as identified and assigned.
Support Technician must:
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Attend to detail as it pertains to observing, asking the right questions to drill down to cause, and recording findings effectively.
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Be able to work independently and flexibility to support project requirements.
Candidate for this position must possess:
- 2+ years of work-related experience in the field of IT Support, preferred.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Possess technical school experience or attended an apprenticeship program in related field of electrical or electronic support must have a minimum of 2-3 years of work-related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in configuring desktop and laptop computers with Windows 7 and 10. Must have working knowledge of standard network protocols. Candidate must demonstrate experience in system deployments.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting hardware related issues remotely, such as working with customers and subcontractors to troubleshoot and test installed IP configured devices, wiring issues and/or software configuration related issues.
Position requires an FBI criminal background check.