Job Title: Systems Engineer | Location: Bethesda, MD | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is a technology solutions company that develops, implements, and maintains mission-critical solutions for Federal and Local Governments. We have an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer to responsible for several engineering responsibilities in developing solutions for PURVIS customers. This position will also be responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with their area of responsibility.
- Analyzing user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and system architectures to develop system requirements specifications and procurement documents.
- Learning existing system capabilities to support the design of the new capabilities and enhancements.
- Performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integrating, and testing of solutions and software (COTS and custom), which include requirements, supporting program reviews, developing concept of operations and interface standards.
- Supporting the development of system architectures and performing technical and non-technical assessments and management.
- Completing technical assessments of customer systems and facilities.
- Developing technical, as well a program/project requirements and recommendations.
- Reviewing designs generated by others to verify project requirements have been incorporated appropriately, and consistent with Federal and industry standards.
- Preparing and updating customer design standards and assist with customer policy development.
- Providing written briefs on project findings and assignments.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in at least five of the following areas:
- Application of the Interagency Security Committee Risk Management Process.
- Security vulnerability assessments; emphasis on physical security.
- Technical design review, interpreting technical drawings and specifications.
- System commissioning, inspection, and quality assurance.
- Project Management, cost estimating, proposal reviews, and vendor management.
- Formulate requirements, evaluate alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies.
- Analyze system requirements leading to design and development activities.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporate new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develop technical documentation, including system architecture and design documentation.
- Guide system development, implementation planning, and creation of test plans.
- Conduct security and safety assessments and briefings.
- Assist with emergency management functions and business continuity planning.
- Provide Quality Assurance in terms of system inspection, testing, and acceptance.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or related discipline. Six (6) years or more of experience in systems engineering, system analysis, physical security, or systems assessments
Experience in physical security/technology system design, integration, and commissioning, with a broad and in-depth knowledge of current security systems preferred. A good understanding of Federal facility risk management and security requirements or industry standards. Experience in reviewing requirements and applying them to design reviews. AutoCAD and Project Management experience a plus.
Candidate must exhibit technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, and executing assignments. Must also have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to work independently and with a project team while multitasking several assignments.
This position requires the candidate to have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.