Job Title: Staff Accountant | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS is a technology solutions partner that develops, implements, and maintains mission-critical solutions for federal and local governments. We have an opening for a Staff Accountant to support a variety of business lines to include Department of Defense, GSA, and municipal customers.
Responsibilities: The Staff Accountant will be responsible for:
- Review accounts payable vouchers for proper accounting and documentation.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of general ledger analysis and adjustments.
- Assist in daily accounting operations including accounts receivable, cash management, bank reconciliations and tax compliance.
- Maintain and analyze fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
- Support month and year end close activity
- Assist with the maintenance of various financial reporting spreadsheets.
- Participate in special projects within the accounting department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years direct accounting experience that includes at least 2 years of accounts payable/accounts receivable.
- Team player with strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills (ability to articulate discrepancies & solutions)
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge of Deltek CostPoint is a plus