Job Title: Procurement Analyst | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems has an immediate opening for a full time Procurement Analyst to be the primary lead for managing procurements, kitting, and inventory for major contracts.
Responsibilities: Support U.S Navy system designs and development including performance of the following tasks:
- Read, interpret, and retrieve parts information from engineering drawings and bill of material.
- Develop procurement packages for items listed on drawings and bill of materials.
- Obtain material quotes, perform bid analysis, and make recommendations for best, overall value to meet requirements.
- Gather engineering drawing packages to be provided to vendors as required to quote. Work with engineering team to ensure drawings are current and accurate.
- Research and identify potential vendors for material procurements. Maintain vendor list.
- Facilitate, expedite, and monitor the purchase and receipt of material to meet program schedules.
- Enter Purchase Requests (PR) into accounting system.
- Receive and process items into inventory (eQuip!).
- Generate DD 1149 (shipping document) using eQuip!.
- Assemble kits based on drawings.
- Coordinate requirements and schedules with customers.
- Track and provide weekly status of purchases and material.
- 3 – 5 years procurement experience.
- Ability to review engineering drawings, identify required materials and prepare packages for quotation.
- Knowledge of Contract/Federal Acquisition Requirements (FAR) requirements as related to procurements.
- eQuip! experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Candidate must be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.