Job Title: Logistics Media Specialist | Location: Newport, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is a technology solutions company that develops, implements, and maintains mission-critical solutions for Federal and Local Governments. We have an immediate opening for a Logistics/Media Specialist to support management, tracking and inventory of media and equipment as part of a team supporting facility operations.
Qualified candidates should have demonstrated skills and experience in some or all of the following:
- Customer Service
- Provide media center services for unclassified and classified media using the Base Inventory System (BITS).
- Complete opening and end of day security checks.
- Control access to the media center.
- Track calibration status of laboratory test gear.
- Generate and affix barcodes for material tracking.
- Ship unclassified and classified media using the Online Shipping Process (OSP).
- Support preparation of equipment and prepare shipping documentation.
- Provide destruction services for classified material.
- Provide inventory services for unclassified and classified media, including laboratory controlled equipment.
- Provide duplication services for unclassified and classified media, including media transfers and data transfers across various computer networks.
- Provide escort for visitors to the facility.
- A High School diploma is required; college degree is desired.
- U.S. citizenship and eligibility for a DOD security clearance required.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a small team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access.
- Experience with DOD databases and systems is a plus.
- Base Inventory Tracking Systems (BITS)
- Online Shipping Process (OSP)
- Disposal Tracking System (DTS)
- The candidate must have strong organizational and communication skills and be able to successfully work independently as well as in a team environment with customers, peers, and support personnel.
- Accuracy, quality, and attention to detail are also critical required skills.
Candidate must have a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.