Job Title: Logistics – Maintenance Planning Specialist| Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is a technology solutions company that develops, implements, and maintains mission-critical solutions for Federal and Local Governments. We have an immediate opening for a Logistics – Maintenance Planning Specialist to support the development, maintenance, and life cycle sustainment of undersea warfare systems, subsystems, and associated programs.
Qualified candidates should have demonstrated skills and experience in some or all of the following maintenance and logistics disciplines:
- Analyze equipment maintenance requirements and develop preventive and corrective maintenance procedures.
- Perform Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) analyses per MIL-STD-3034A.
- Review, validate, organize, and update configuration and logistics data hosted in the Navy’s Configuration and Logistics databases. Support the preparation of ILS certification packages and provisioning technical data packages.
- Collect and tabulate equipment maintenance and failure data. Update and review sustainment metrics such as Mean Time To Repair, Mean Time Between Failure, and Mean Logistics Down Time, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor and provide recommended solutions to component obsolescence.
- Maintain supply chain tracking charts, facilitate the fulfilment of requisitions, backorders, and repairs.
- Develop and maintain program plans, procedures, engineering change documents, and related logistics documents, gathering and coordinating inputs from various functional groups.
- A High School diploma is required; college degree is desired.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience supporting electronic systems.
- U.S. Navy active-duty experience a plus, particularly as a Repair Parts Petty Officer, Work Center Supervisor, and/or Instructor.
- Familiarity with Navy logistics and maintenance programs and web sites, such as CDMD-OA, OMMS-NG, RSupply, ICAPS, ATIS, OARS, WebFLIS, MBPS.
- RCM Level I and II certification is also desired.
- The candidate must have strong organizational, communication, and technical writing skills, and be able to successfully work independently as well as in a team environment with customers, peers, and support personnel.
- Accuracy, quality, and attention to detail are also critical required skills.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.