Job Title: Graphics/Video Designer | Location: Middletown, RI| Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is a technology solutions company that develops, implements, and maintains mission-critical solutions for Federal and Local Governments. We have an immediate opening for a Graphics/Video Designer.
Candidate will provide technical support as required to develop, update, and validate graphics and videos associated with technical manuals and training material. Responsibilities include:
- Create and edit graphical material and videos for reports, technical documentation, schematic drawings, instruction manuals, and related technical publications related to Navy technical manual documentation and training materials.
- Perform drafting and editing of technical data for conversion from Portable Document Format (PDF) and other source formats to applicable vector graphics formats (.cgm, .ai,) and ultimately to Extensible Markup Language (XML; .svg) and Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) compliant with the S1000D International Specification for Technical Publications.
- Products may include slides, flowcharts, schematics, parts illustrations, block diagrams and other technical documentation and related publications.
- Create and edit videos to be included as part of training materials.
- Apply customer-specific business rules.
- Edit technical data in pertinent vector graphic formats for XML integration ensuring data integrity and quality using specified toolsets and processes.
- Ensure technical graphics and videos are accurate, complete, meet editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, format, and style.
- Perform Quality Assurance (QA) of drafted/edited graphical and technical data before delivery to the customer.
- 4 years’ industry experience providing graphic design.
- Experienced using editing tools such as AutoCAD, Solid Works, Larsen, Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator to facilitate the design, and development of a wide variety of electronic technical materials (technical manuals, schematics, illustrated parts diagrams, etc.).
- Ability to develop a schedule and tracking system for graphics to ensure timely and efficient completion of all work products.
- Flexibility to respond with short turn around graphics updates to fit customer requests.
- Working knowledge and experience with technical writing and XML authoring tools.
- Must have excellent communication skills and able to work in fast paced and agile environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with industry partners and technical experts/subject matter experts to create and/or edit graphics.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.