Job Title: Acoustics Analyst| Location: Newport, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work: PURVIS Systems is seeking an Acoustics Analyst to develop an acoustic system performance model for undersea warfare projects.
The Acoustics Analyst will:
- Conduct acoustic system performance modeling for undersea warfare projects.
- Develop and maintain models of underwater acoustic propagation and system performance, including acoustics sources and receivers.
- Participate in data collection activities, analyze sonar system data, and then detail and present findings.
- Conduct assessments of proposed equipment engineering and installation changes to identify the impacts to acoustic capabilities, and provide recommendations and alternative solutions.
- Experience in developing acoustic system performance simulation models and comparing model outputs to actual data.
- Knowledge of sonar signal processing, detection and estimation theory, adaptive signal processing, ocean-acoustic wave propagation, numerical methods, and data analysis.
- Experience with U.S. Navy acoustic modeling programs such as Bellhop, NSPE, CASS/GRAB, WaveQ3D, KRAKEN, OASIS, Python, MATLAB, Scientific FORTRAN, embedded C/C++, Bayesian statistics and data fusion.
- Experience working with Tactical Sonar Systems, such as Receiving Sets, Detecting and Ranging Sets, Sonar Communications, Computers, Sonar Interface Groups, and conducting field experiments.
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical customers to understand technical issues, frame potential solutions and develop collaborative projects.
- Proactive self-starter with strong scientific curiosity, creativity, analytical, problem solving, skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Operational Navy experience is a plus.
BS in math, physics, engineering, or related disciplines, and 8 years of related experience in underwater acoustics and modeling. Equivalent years of experience also acceptable.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.