Job Title: Mechanical Drafter | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems has immediate full-time open positions for Mechanical Drafters who are proficient with AutoCAD. Candidates will be members of the engineering design/drafting team.
Responsibilities: Support U.S Navy system designs and development including performance of the following tasks:
- Review of Government Furnished Information (GFI) and engineering drawing redlines to incorporate into drawing package as required.
- Develop and maintain 3D models utilizing Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks.
- Develop and maintain 2D drawings utilizing AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
- Revise, update and maintain mechanical drawing packages using AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
- Ensure drawings follow design standards and practices.
- Drawing packages may include production drawings, circuit card assemblies, parts lists, schematic diagrams, functional block diagrams, test, and assembly fixture drawings.
- 0 – 3 years professional experience.
- Ability to review engineering drawings and understand required changes.
- Ability to work closely with Subject Matter Experts and Navy military and civilian personnel.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word preferred.
- Technical school or bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Knowledge of existing submarine systems, Military Specifications, and previous defense industry is a plus.
Candidate must be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.