Job Title: Engineering Technician | Location: Newport, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work: PURVIS Systems is seeking a hands-on Engineering Technician to work with our Electronic Warfare (EW) and Special Projects Facilities Team.
This position is a member of the EW Team supporting tasks including:
- Pack and ship high value government equipment. Prepare shipping documentation.
- Use the Base Inventory Tracking System (BITS) for the control of classified material.
- Administration and control to create, store, handle, and dispose of classified media.
- Certified and perform as a Media and Data Transfer Agent.
- Support installation of equipment associated with the laboratories.
- Electrical/electronic systems installations, maintenance, and repair.
- Building, repairing, and installing cables and test fixtures.
- Supporting the planning and scheduling for test events.
- Maintain/update multiple inventories (digital and hard copy).
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of laboratory spaces.
- Document all maintenance actions and activities on a daily/monthly basis.
- Interact daily with contractor and government customers.
- Escort visitors within lab spaces.
- High School or Technical School diploma.
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare systems a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications and documentation skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to support other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and climb ladders.
- Proactive, independently resolve issues and work in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to read schematics and cable diagrams.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.