Job Title: Electronic Warfare Engineer/Technician | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems has an immediate opening for an experienced candidate to join be part of the Electronic Warfare (EW) Team. Tasking will include troubleshooting support for the submarine fleet Electronic Warfare system and subsystems and creation and maintenance of technical data regarding platform certifications and upcoming platforms.
Responsibilities: This position is a member of the Electronic Warfare Team in support of the Naval Undersea Warfare Division Newport for tasks that include:
- Assist testing and troubleshooting of Electronic Warfare failures and provide the Fleet troubleshooting guidance.
- Participate in shipboard testing events.
- Maintain Electronic Warfare lab equipment.
- Monitor BLQ-10 hotline for shipboard issues requiring support/resolution.
- Analyze certification related RF data and communicate findings via reports to SSEP and other Fleet Support personnel.
- Ensure Groom and System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT) procedures are updated with the latest status.
- Provide support for installations, troubleshooting, certifications, and new platform configurations.
- Perform comprehensive end to end RF analysis of suspected failure trends or potential risks and present findings to Fleet support personnel for consideration of further investigation.
- Analyze, organize, and prepare reports and presentations of technical data and information.
- Review and develop Fleet troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
- Support development of process improvement for tools as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent Navy experience.
- Ten years’ experience with submarine Electronic Warfare systems preferred.
- Experience working with RF test equipment such as the Field Fox, Network Analyzers (NA), Spectrum Analyzers (SA) Noise Figure Meters (NFM), etc.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the customer organization.
- Exceptional organizational, critical thinking skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- May require up to 30% travel.
Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
Candidate must have a SECRET clearance.