Job Title: Electronic/Acoustics Engineer | Location: Bethesda, MD | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is seeking an experienced Acoustics Engineer (Electronics Technician) to provide general engineering support on Navy equipment for acoustic acquisition and analysis.
Responsibilities: This position will directly support the In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) and Technical Direction Agent (TDA) for the Submarine Total Ship Monitoring System (TSMS) at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division (NSWCCD). This work includes, but is not limited to:
- Vibration and acoustic data analysis
- Software acceptance testing
- Test development and review
- Developer oversight and performance checks
- System technical assistance and fleet support
- Training and maintenance development/support
- General engineering support to the TDA and ISEA
- Logistics and supportability for acoustics systems
- Occasional travel to include shoreside and underway activities
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering desired (Electrical, Mechanical, Acoustics, or similar), though significant technician experience may be substituted.
- Relevant coursework includes but is not limited to Digital Signal Processing, Analog to Digital Processing, Signal Analysis, Filter Design, Digital System Design, Linear Electronics, Signals & Systems, Data Structures, Non-Linear Vibrations, Power & Propulsion, Acoustics, etc).
- Experience or education in signal processing
- Experience in acoustic and vibration data analytics
- Experience in MatLab
- Desired experience includes analog to digital signal processing, underwater acoustics analytics, Fast Attack Submarine Sonarman Experience, and Submarine Total Ship Monitoring System operation (TSMS)
Candidate must have a SECRET clearance.