Job Title: Director of Operations | Location: Middletown, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is seeking a Director of Operations to lead our Department of Defense Business Operations. The Director of Operations will oversee the Project Managers who manage the contracts within the portfolio of Navy contracts. This role is responsible for managing all business operations and setting goals across the organization. They ensure that all aspects, from hiring new employees and managing budgets to understanding general business operations or guiding projects, are running smoothly.
This position is key to the success of multiple projects/contracts, ensuring that the Project / Program Managers and their teams have the direction, material, and support they need to succeed.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing day-to-day oversight of business activities to ensure that the proper operational controls, administrative support, reporting procedures, security processes, and people systems are in place to meet organizational goals.
- Facilitating effective communication and collaboration between work teams and functional areas.
- Building strong customer relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Supporting the expansion of efforts on existing contracts.
- Participating in recruiting and hiring processes.
- Managing/overseeing overall operations budgets.
- Supporting oversight of contract subcontractors and company subcontracts.
- Supporting development of Requests for Information (RFls), proposals and other business development efforts.
- Staying abreast of changes in and maintaining compliance with operational and contractual rules and regulations for government contractors.
- Collaborating with the leadership team to develop, communicate, and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of people, processes, and systems.
- Contributing operations information and recommendations to corporate strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
- Forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Analyzing and improving organizational process and workflow.
- Supervising Project / Program Managers.
- Developing professional relationships with Government CORs and key customers.
- Participating in the formulation of corporate policies and implement corporate policies
- Participating as part of the Corporate Leadership Team in defining and implementing strategic planning initiatives to improve and grow PURVIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical or Management discipline.
- 10 – 15 years of operational experience.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Experience with managing Navy contracts.
- Experience managing contract and corporate budgets.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience preparing proposals in response to Federal government RFPs.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of TOP SECRET.