Job Title: Assistant Project Manager | Location: Newport, RI | Full-Time
Description of Work:
PURVIS Systems is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to work directly with the Project Manager and other members of a team including system installers and trainers, coordinating all aspects of the project. This support includes maintaining the project schedules, managing the inventory and supporting shipment of project materials and preparing project documentation.
This position is key to the success of the project, ensuring that the operations and training teams have the equipment and documentation they need to ensure project success. Working closely with subject matter experts and Navy customer personnel, the Assistant Project Manager will:
- Maintain project installation schedules.
- Support inventory and tracking of both system software and hardware.
- Write, update and review installation and training messages. Maintain a tracking matrix of the messages to ensure completion.
- Shipping and administration of material transfers. Generate shipping documents.
- Generate installation, groom and removal documentation.
- Create system drives to support installations.
- Generate the required documentation for transmittal of hardware and equipment to installation sites.
- Track return of material, working closely with the security personnel.
- Monitor Navy schedules for changes in order to plan installations, removals and training.
- Generate and maintain project notebooks.
- Participate in technical meetings and prepare meeting minutes/action items.
- Perform and manage inventory of classified safes.
- Provide support for physical laboratory operations. Maintain and update visitor access lists, logs, and swipe access reports. Maintain report of security container records and controls, visitor card keys and accounts.
Assistant Project Manager must be:
- Proficient with MS Office
- Able to work within strict deadlines and to understand project schedules, logistics and documentation requirements.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience using the Navy Base Inventory Tracking System (BITS), a plus.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Candidate for Assistant Project Manager must possess:
- Bachelor degree in a business or technical field. Equivalent years of experience may be considered.
- 3-7 years of professional work experience.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.