Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer | Location: Newport, RI
We have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Mechanical Design Engineer must have 5 – 7 years professional experience. Design Engineer will work closely with Subject Matter Experts and Navy military and civilian personnel. Strong knowledge and experience with CAD software.
Description of Work: The Mechanical Design Engineer will support U.S Navy submarine communication system designs and development including performance of the following tasks:
- Review of system requirements.
- Support design and development of mechanical items including installation kits, fixtures, structures, enclosures, rack mounts, supports, and foundations.
- Perform investigations and analysis on Communication Systems.
- Take systems from concept, to prototype, and through productions.
- Solve technically challenging problems with a multi-disciplinary engineering approach.
- Develop, adapt, modify, update, and maintain technical documentation for Communications Systems.
- Develop, update and maintain technical drawing packages. Drawing packages may include production drawings, Temporary Alterations (TEMPALTS), Installation Control Drawings (ICDs), Notices of Revision (NOR), Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) / Engineering Change Request (ECR), Engineering Change (EC) / Engineering Change Orders.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.
To apply email: HR@purvis.com