Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer | Location: Newport, RI
We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Design Engineer.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. The Electrical Engineer must have 5 – 7 years of professional experience. The Electrical Engineer will work closely with Subject Matter Experts and Navy military and civilian personnel. Strong knowledge and experience with CAD software.
Description of Work: The Electrical Engineer will support U.S Navy submarine communication system designs and development including performance of the following tasks:
- Review of system requirements.
- Support design and development of cabling kits, circuit card assemblies and connector/mounting plates.
- Perform investigations and analysis on Communication Systems.
- Take systems from concept, to prototype, and through productions.
- Solve technically challenging problems with a multi-disciplinary engineering approach.
- Develop, adapt, modify, update, and maintain technical documentation for Communications Systems.
- Develop, update and maintain technical drawing packages. Drawing packages may include production drawings, circuit card assemblies, connector/cabling wiring tables, schematic diagrams, functional block diagrams, test and assembly fixture drawings.
Candidate must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance to the level of SECRET.
To apply email: HR@purvis.com