Job Title: Business Development Consultant | Location: District of Columbia
Consultant will identify Federal Agency opportunities and win new contracts (prime and subcontract) related to the company’s engineering, public safety and information technology services, in the Washington, DC market area. This position is also responsible to provide recommendations concerning the company’s strategies that might enable expansion into Federal Agency market areas. Individual will have direct customer contact, may attend conferences and trade shows, and will also be responsible for opportunity identification, capture planning, proposal strategy and proposal development support.
Consultant will be responsible for identifying and scheduling meetings with potential customers, agency representatives and business partners. Individual will work closely with PURVIS business development and technical personnel in all aspects of opportunity identification, qualification, pursuit, proposal development and closing.
- Bachelor’s Degree required / Master’s Degree a plus
- Experience in business development with Federal Agencies, such as Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Health and Human Services (HHS), Veterans Administration (VA)
- Experience in and knowledge of the Federal procurement processes
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with prime contractors
- Prior management or business development experience in Federal Agencies. Successful track record of closing new business opportunities in the Federal Government marketplace / Experience with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) is preferred.
Assignment may require travel outside of the National Capital Region to other company locations and customer facilities up to 10% of the time.
Description of Work:
Consultant will work on marketing, market research, and new business development. Work requires strong communication skills and effective interaction with a variety of managers and technical professionals. Additional duties include research, proposal and presentation development and support, as well as developing sales/promotional materials. Duties will include:
- Federal Agency opportunity research, particularly in the areas of Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Health and Human Services (HHS) and Veterans Administration (VA)
- Business partnership development and management
- Research potential contract vehicle opportunities
- Provide input to bid/no bid decisions
- Develop strategies to win potential opportunities
- Development of teaming arrangements, when applicable
- Provide technical and management proposal input as required.
- Plan and manage development of oral presentations
- Provide concise, understandable and efficient written and verbal reports and presentations
- Opportunity tracking and reporting using a PURVIS Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
To apply email: HR@purvis.com